In situ Monitoring Data (WP Leader: J. Peterseil - EAA)
|Work package number:||WP5||Start Date or Starting Event:||Month 4|
|End Date:||Month 40|
|Work package title||
In situ Monitoring Data (WP Leader: J. Peterseil (EAA), johannes.peterseil[AT]umweltbundesamt.at)
The overall aim of WP5 is to provide access to existing relevant in-situ monitoring data to support modelling and analysis within the project context using state-of-the-art technologies. WP5 will also provide support the design and establishment of future monitoring campaigns and permanent plots in PAs. WP5 will:
• Identify and review relevant core and ancillary in-situ datasets based on project requirements (e.g. modelling approaches, ground-truthing or validation of EO data) and identify gaps.
• Identify and provide datasets on the historic evolution of ecosystems based on proxy data as input to the assessment of the effects of historic conditions to current ecosystem changes.
• Provide complete, consistent and standard compliant metadata for data quality assessment, data management and data analysis.
• Evaluate the representativeness of existing data for PAs e.g. in terms of coverage, grain, or accessibility in order to identify knowledge gaps and priority areas for EO.
• Develop user-oriented quality evaluation routines and procedures (data quality management) and web based quality evaluation software for in-situ data.
• Provide a framework for data harmonisation (temporal, spatial, and thematic dimensions) for relevant data related to data management and interoperability for time-series and geospatial data.
• Create a database capable of sharing interoperable data meeting the requirements for modelling and analysis within the project and beyond.
|Download here the updates of the progresses in WP5 (last update February 2018)|